Looks like somehow I have already signed up for 4 half marathons, 3 10km races, one obstacle race and one duathlon. I’m sure I’ll add more short races to my schedule as the year ticks on.
The obstacle race will be a first for me and I’m doing the Toughest. I have a feeling I will absolutely love it, have a sneak peek:
My 2016 races so far are:
- March 20, North London Half Marathon
- April 10, Clapham Common 10km
- April 23, Toughest
- May 8, Hackney Half Marathon
- June 26, Wimbledon Common Half Marathon
- August 21, Clapham Common 10km
- September 18, London Duathlon (cycling + running)
- September 25, Ealing Half Marathon
- October 9, Clapham Common 10km
I will try to find some 5k-s as well – I need a proper 5km time. My PB at the moment is from a race that my Garmin measured less than 5km so I don’t like to count it.
As for the 10kms – I hope to get a sub 45 min this year, and for the half-s, I hope to get a time that starts with 1:30. I don’t completely not like numbers!
As for the Toughest – I need to find an old pair of trail shoes that will probably not make it home after the race!