Things are a bit crazy in my household right now. The 10-yr old has some big exams this week and MrB has some crazy work hours so everyone is not sleeping well and is a bit stressed. I’m trying to stay zen but a cold sore has popped up so I know I’m stressed.
Every time I get one I think back to when I had them as a child and teenager – Soviet Union was not great when it came to availability of medicines (or food… or clothes… or other little things like freedom of speech…) so when I got a cold sore I had to rub it with salt to break the blister. You can imagine how much fun it is for a child to rub a blister on your lip with salt until it bursts.
But anyway… until life gets back to boring old normal stuff and my brain’s ready to write about Crossfit or running, I’m going to write some totally random things about myself. Share a random fact about yourself in the comments :)
- I have a degree in German (and International Studies but that doesn’t actually mean anything :), from an American university, but I have worked in web design and development since 2000.
- I was sick a lot when I was little. Mostly pneumonia, I think. In my early teens the doctors suggested that I’d be sent to a boarding school at the other end of the country, one that was for disabled or just generally sickly children. I’m glad my mother decided against it.
- I can sew, crochet, knit, cross-stitch, younameit. #craftyAs
- I am scared of driving. I haven’t driven since we moved to London almost 10 years ago.
- I used to have magnificent dreams about flying. Magnificent. They were so much fun, so adventurous and exhilarating. They stopped pretty much exactly the day I got married. Feel free to psychoanalyse.
- I was a born-again, speak-in-tongues kind of Pentecostal Christian for 10 years. Don’t ask for more. No one should write about politics or religion, right?
- I (still) dream about writing a book one day.
- I met my husband in a book shop.
- I have been to only one concert in my whole life.
- I have one short boring first name and no middle name and I’ve never had a nickname and that’s always made me feel really uncool.
There you have it. #randomAs