This is a wonderful gluten free / dairy free recipe that even your kids might love (one of mine does, the other I still have to work on).
Lamb and sweet potato tangine
Serves 5, prep time: 20-30 min, cook time: 2 hours
– 3 tbsp olive oil
– 1 onion, thinly sliced
– 1 tbsp finely grated fresh root ginger
– 1 kg lamb, cut into small chunks
– 2 tsp ground cumin
– 1 tsp paprika
– 1 tsp ground coriander
– 1 cinnamon stick
– 400 ml tomato passata
– 400 ml water
– 350 g sweet potatoes, cut into small chunks
Optional: Can be served it with rice. You can also add 300 g pitted dates; 100g blanced almonds & chopped coriander.
– Heat the oil in the pan, add onions and gently fry until softened, about 5 min.
– Add ginger and lamb and fry until lightly coloured.
– Stir in all spices and cook for 1 min.
– Add passata and water, bring to boil. Season with sea salt and simmer for 1 1/2 hours until the lamb is tender.
– Add sweet potatoes and cook for 20 minutes.
– Add optional ingredients just before serving.